wandering home.

i just finished Bill McKibben's, Wandering Home. granted, i didn't "read" it, instead i listened to it on audiobook. i figure it still counts...

anyway, the book is a travelogue of the author's backpack from his home in the green mountains of vermont to his home in the adirondack mountains of new york. he walks with different folks along the way and tells stories of the places he passes through.

he touches on the similarity and differences between each side of lake champlain, the struggle of land use issues and the meaning of wilderness. all of this with a hiking theme!!!

i've read Bill McKibben's books before, but i have to say that this is by far my favorite one.

2 comments:

  1. Good one! Thanks for this! I'm going to see if I can iTunes it for the trip up this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had my eye on this one for a while! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

you got somethin' to say?